Activities Branson Z Fest 2013
Please note: This information may change with little or no notice. Sign up for our email newsletter to make sure you are up kept to date!
Additional Activities for BZF 2013 will be posted soon! Please check back here for updates.
Each of these items have been designated as a "Suggested Activity" or a "BZF Event". As has been the tradition in previous years, the early days of the week are very loosely scheduled. Although we will provide you with everything you need to enjoy a "Suggested Activity" (IE: Printed guides / State maps / meeting place at the hotel) there will not be an official start or end time to those events. You are free to leave and return (taking whomever you want) at your own pace. Each of the "BZF Events" will follow a published time line and will be lead by BZF team members.
Wednesday - Cruise The Rock (Suggested Activity)
Over 60 miles of twists & turns, running over and around famous Table Rock Lake, beautiful views with tons of picture opportunities!
Thursday - The Peel Ferry Cruise (Suggested Activity)
Have you ever heard the saying "Over the river and through the woods?" Well here is our best BZF interpretation of that! This cruise is beautiful and offers both driver and passenger a wonderful time! Enjoy hundreds of Ozark Mountain twists and turns, wonderful photo ops, a ride over the lake on the last operational ferry in the state of Missouri and a wonderful detour from everyday life.
Thursday (Evening) - Family Reunion BBQ CLICK FOR ADDTIONAL DETAILS
Friday (Morning) - Eureka Springs Cruise (Suggested Activity)
This cruise (a favorite among the BZF alumni) is a shining example of the Ozark Mountain back roads. Why take the interstate when you can take scenic back roads to fine food, shopping entertainment in Eureka Springs, AR!
Friday - Hit the dragstrip. (BZF Event)
Want to see who has the fastest, wildest ride? Join us for some fast times at the IHRA 1/4 mile Drag Strip.
The track will be reserved for "Z's, G's and SX's" for the first few hours Friday afternoon. Then lets see how you stand up to the local competition! This is your chance to see just how fast the old (or new) Nissan really is!
Have you got a buddy that thinks his Z31 will whip your Z32? Ever wonder if the "G" is faster than the "Z"? This is the safe place to find out who is "King of the Hill"! Never been down a race track before? No problem. We will teach you just about everything you need to know. If you do not want the hassle or don't feel comfortable next to some one, we can do single runs just as easily. If you don't feel like you need to prove anything to anyone, we have seating right along the track to support your friends and take photos.
Who do you think has the fastetst car in each class of car? We will be looking for the fastest 1/4mph speed, best reaction time and the best 60 foot time. Later on we will find out who is "King of the Hill"! The current record set for a BFZ entry is an 10.85 by Steve Warner set in 2008. Can that run be beat this year?
- A helmet is required if your car is quicker than 13.99. We recommend a helmet any time you race. There will be 2 or 3 "track" helmets available.
- Seat belts are required in all cars.
- Sorry, no passengers on the track with out special permission.
- If your car has air conditioning, we ask that you turn it off. Water that has accumulated in the condenser may dump onto the starting when you launch. Often this may be right in front of your own rear tires. So please turn the air off if you are racing. Fuel: "110 octane" and "alky" are available for real race cars.
There is an air compressor in the bottom of the tower and water on site if you have lost any along the way. Orielly's Automotive is located within 10 minutes from the track - just in case. The track fee will be $15.00 to race and $10.00 for spectators. You can make as many passes as possible.
Saturday - The BZF Car Show" (BZF Event)
Do you think you have a great car? Then join us for the car show. We can't wait to see what you have done to your Z over the last year. For those who made it last year, we are returning in 2009 to Area '57! For those who don't yet know about the venue, it is on location, at the hotel, on the Branson strip. According to Missouri traffic surveys, 30,000 people drive by this location everyday! So come and show us your Z!
Car Class Breakdown from previous events:
- S30 (1969 - 1978) 240Z, 260Z and 280Z
- S130 (1978 - 1983) 280ZX and 280ZXT
- Z31 NA (1984 - 1989) 300ZX Naturally Aspirated
- Z31 Turbo (1984 - 1989) 300ZX Turbocharged
- Z32 NA (1990 - 1996) 300ZX NA Coupe and 2+2
- Z32 Convertable (1990 - 1996) 300ZX Convertable
- Z32 Turbo (1990 - 1996) 300ZX Twin Turbo
- Z33 Coupe (2003 - 2008) 350Z
- Z33 Roadster (2004 - 20xx) 350Z Roadster
- S13 (1989 - 1994) 240SX Zenki and Chuki
- S14 (1995 - 1998) 240SX Zenki and Kouki (S14 and S14a)
- V35 and V36 (2003 - 2008) 1st and 2nd Gen G35 and G35X cars
Now for the good stuff, the awards! Join us for a witty awards ceremony directly following the car show. Come and see who the winners are! This is a great time to see the organizers make fools of themselves while awarding you for your wonderful car!